Due to continued rapid growth and strong demand, Xavio Design of Mayfair is looking for a Contracts Manager to join our fast-growing and dynamic team of professional designers, project managers, consultants and technicians.
Xavio is a world-class lighting consultancy specialising in super-prime private residential, high-end hospitality, and luxury developments. We are privileged to work on some of the finest residences and architecture in the entire world.
The successful candidate can start immediately and will be set up to work remotely. The studio in Alton is also available with precautions and limitations in place. There will always be flexible remote working in place as this is a core part of Xavio culture.
This is a temporary position for 3 months with potential opportunities to extend beyond.
- Total flexitime / remote working is offered, just work whenever and wherever suits you best. We work entirely on the principles of trust and teamwork.
- Attractive salary package offered along with a laptop.
- A caring and understanding culture where every team member is encouraged to help each other and to reach their full potential.
- Strong support, training and back-up from the management and wider team.
Description of Role:
To provide a vital link between the Design Team and the Operations Team relating to product schedules.
There are 3 key parts to this role:
- Creating cost schedules for Tenders / helping to win the order
- Liaising with sites / purchasing to manage timeframes for ordering & payments
- Finalising all details of a product specification schedule / bill of quantities after the product order is received, to allow rapid & efficient procurement.
Personal Attributes / Skills / Experience Required
- Superb attention to detail
- Loves spreadsheets and Excel
- Good understanding of Project Management
- Happy to pick up the phone and ask questions to find out key information
- Professional manner that comes across well to clients, consultants, designers and site teams
- Happy to travel to sites
- Good technical grasp of lighting / electrical
- Experience of luminaire finishes
- Good eye for design / product quality
- Basic understanding of lighting design principles
- Knowledge of the architectural lighting market
- Good commercial mindset / hungry attitude
- Diplomatic & tactful
- Excellent at teamwork
- Excellent communicator
Estimating / Preparing Cost Schedules
- Assist design teams with setting luminaire procurement budgets per project.
- Keep track of project budgets and work with design teams to ensure cost schedules are aligned with these.
- Work with design teams across all projects to create accurate cost schedules
- Include reasonable PC sums where required for ‘unknown’ or ‘to be confirmed’ elements
- Liaise with Procurement to ensure supply chain is reliable and fit for purpose
- Identify areas where we can increase product GP%
- Input into the financial side of preparing a Tender package
- Assist design teams / project leaders with issuing cost schedules during a Tender process
- Assist design teams / project leaders with Value Engineering exercises as required, including researching for alternative specifications.
- Assist design teams / project leaders with securing orders.
- Liaise with Finance team to arrange payment terms with customers.
- Ensure that our Terms & Conditions are received and approved by the customers.
- Work with the Design team to ensure all specifications are formally signed-off and that these approved & signed datasheets are carefully filed.
Timescales / Management of Lead-in Times
- Work closely with Design Teams and Procurement Manager to create a detailed Gantt chart for each Product package, including:
- When each part of the package is required on site
- Typical product lead times (including buffer time and added time for decision-making on special finishes, custom sizing, etc.)
- When payment needs to be received to ensure the end delivery date is achieved
- Change management to the above with regular updates
- Track and implement the above effectively with site teams, to ensure we are always ahead of the curve.
- Liaise with our design teams to close out any outstanding points / ‘areas in abeyance’ in a timely manner so the project deadlines are met.
- Report to the design teams on any lead times which are beyond ‘drop dead’ dates so that alternative specifications can be found.
- Liaise with the Project Leader to integrate this into the overall Project Tracker.
- Liaise with the Finance Team to keep them updated for the sales & cashflow forecast.
Preparing Product Schedules for Procurement
- Finalising all details of a schedule ready for the Procurement Manager to place orders with suppliers, including:
- Co-ordinating with Technical / Design teams on any custom elements, to finalise these in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that joinery / linear schedules are completed, and assist with these where appropriate.
- Ensuring that all compatibility points (e.g. drivers, doorswitches) are properly reviewed.
- Liaising with sites/design teams to finalise specialist finishes and applications.
- Further review of profitability and liaise with the Procurement Manager to maximise our Gross Profit, including extra discounts where appropriate by merging purchase orders from multiple Xavio projects.
- Co-ordinate with suppliers/factories to finalise quotations and quantities.
- Pass all information to Procurement Manager including required delivery dates.
- Management of changes.
- Assist Procurement Manager with 2-way communication with all the Xavio design teams.
- Assist Finance Team with constant maintenance and improvement of product GP% investigations, analysis and trends.
We are looking for motivated team players who are also keen to learn new skills on our exciting fast-moving projects.
The role is a great opportunity to work with many of the world’s leading interior designers and architects, and to be part of an awesome team on an exciting journey.
We are offering flexi-work hours, remote working, a great team culture, and an exciting career in a dynamic market-leading specialist firm.
Candidates are invited to send their CVs to email@example.com or to phone Richard Luker in confidence on 07384 240 587.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE