Description of Role:
Responsible for running multiple super prime residential and hospitality lighting design projects from concept through procurement to final completion.
Working alongside Xavio designers as part of a project team to ensure the successful completion of each project on time and to budget.
Excellent communication skills required to liaise with external project teams – clients, interior designers, architects, electrical contractors and AV consultants.
Personal Attributes / Skills / Experience Required
- Superb attention to detail
- Project Management skills to high standards
- Highly professional manner and ability to communicate successfully with clients, consultants, designers and site teams
- Good eye for design / product quality
- Basic understanding of lighting design principles
- Good commercial mindset / hungry attitude
- Diplomatic & tactful
- Excellent at teamwork
- Excellent communicator in the English language
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills
- An interest in luxury design and a passion to create something incredible
- Desire to work in the fast paced and exciting sphere of luxury construction is a must
- Good Microsoft Excel skills
- Knowledge of electrical installation or construction processes will be a strong advantage
- Basic knowledge of architecture and M&E service requirements beneficial
Responsibilities: Project management
- Responsible for running multiple projects and ensuring project targets are met
- Attending project meetings, and leading Xavio project update to the team
- Setting meeting agenda and issuing progress reports
- Work closely with Design Teams and Procurement Manager to create a detailed Gantt chart for each project to ensure key milestones are met
- Track and implement the above effectively with all parties’ site teams, to ensure we are always ahead of the curve
- Liaise with our design teams to close out any outstanding points / ‘areas in abeyance’ in a timely manner so the project deadlines are met
- Report to the design teams on any lead times which are beyond ‘drop dead’ dates so that alternative specifications can be found
- Liaise with the Finance Team to keep them updated for the sales & cashflow forecast
- Assist design teams with setting luminaire procurement budgets per project
- Keep track of project budgets and work with design teams to ensure cost schedules are aligned with these
- Work with design teams across all projects to create accurate cost schedules
- Include reasonable PC sums where required for ‘unknown’ or ‘to be confirmed’ elements
- Liaise with Procurement to ensure supply chain is reliable and fit for purpose
- Identify areas where we can increase product GP%
- Input into the financial side of preparing a Tender package
- Assist design teams / project leaders with issuing cost schedules during a Tender process
- Assist design teams / project leaders with Value Engineering exercises as required, including researching for alternative specifications
- Assist design teams / project leaders with securing orders
- Liaise with Finance team to arrange payment terms with customers
- Ensure that our Terms & Conditions are received and approved by the customers
- Work with the Design team to ensure all specifications are formally signed-off and that these approved & signed datasheets are carefully filed
- Finalising all details of a schedule ready for the Procurement Manager to place orders with suppliers, including:
- Co-ordinating with Technical / Design teams on any custom elements, to finalise these in a timely manner
- Ensuring that joinery / linear schedules are completed, and assist with these where appropriate
- Ensuring that all compatibility points (e.g. drivers, door switches) are properly reviewed
- Liaising with sites/design teams to finalise specialist finishes and applications.
- Further review of profitability and liaising with the Procurement Manager to maximise our Gross Profit, including extra discounts where appropriate by merging purchase orders from multiple Xavio projects.
- Co-ordinate with suppliers/factories to finalise quotations and quantities.
- Pass all information to Procurement Manager including required delivery dates.
- Management of changes.
- Assist Procurement Manager with 2-way communication with all the Xavio design teams.
- Assist Finance Team with constant maintenance and improvement of product GP% investigations, analysis and trends.
Xavio is a world-class lighting consultancy specialising in super-prime private residential, high-end hospitality, and luxury developments. We are privileged to work on some of the finest residences and architecture in the entire world.
- Total flexitime / remote working, just work whenever and wherever suits you best. We work entirely on the principles of trust and teamwork.
- Attractive salary package offered along with a laptop.
- A caring and understanding culture where every team member is encouraged to help each other and to reach their full potential.
- Strong support, training and back-up from the management and wider team.
The successful candidate will be mainly working remotely, but will be required to travel to site where necessary.
The role is a great opportunity to work with many of the world’s leading interior designers and architects, and to be part of an awesome team on an exciting journey.
Candidates are invited to send their CVs and covering letters to email@example.com or to phone Richard Luker in confidence on 07384 240 587.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE