With a vast amount of work planned in our studio over the next weeks and months and with more to come, Xavio Design of Mayfair is looking for a part time Operations Assistant to join our fast-growing and dynamic team of professional designers, project managers, consultants and technicians.
Xavio is a world-class lighting consultancy specialising in super-prime private residential, high-end hospitality, and luxury developments. We are privileged to work on some of the finest residences and architecture in the entire world.
The successful candidate can start immediately. This part time temporary position is for 3 days a week, for 6 months, with potential opportunities to extend beyond.
- Attractive salary package offered.
- A caring and understanding culture where every team member is encouraged to help each other and to reach their full potential.
- Strong support, training and back-up from the management and wider team.
Description of Role:
Based at our Country Design & Logistics Studio the successful applicant will assist the procurement manager with a wide variety of tasks & responsibilities. Having their own transport and being available immediately will be advantageous.
There are several key parts to this role:
- Assisting Procurement manager in communicating efficiently with project design teams
- Ensuring procurement service is fulfilled to the highest standard of customer service
- Aiding in the maintaining a highly efficient warehouse operation.
Personal Attributes / Skills / Experience Required
- Superb attention to detail & an eye for technical specification
- Pragmatic approach to all tasks
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word & Outlook
- Professional manner
- Hungry attitude with an attraction to fast paced, varied tasks
- Excellent at teamwork
- Excellent communicator
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the below:
- Packing products in accordance with project details with guidance from procurement manager/project team.
- Occasional raising of purchase orders for products with guidance from procurement manager.
- Following up purchase orders raised with suppliers to ensure anticipated delivery dates are recorded and communicated to project team.
- Arranging courier labels & collections for despatch of products to relevant projects.
- Receiving post and distributing to relevant colleagues.
- Assisting project design teams in processing orders with suppliers for project samples.
- Co-ordinating product specification details with project team where necessary.
- Receiving Goods in, following procedures to check products received, place in relevant area & mark as received on relevant project schedules & Sage Software
- Keeping Warehouse spotlessly tidy emptying warehouse bins & sweeping area on a regular basis.
- Working with procurement manager to ensure warehouse space is used as efficiently as possible – helping with moving pallets & stock where necessary.
- Occasionally covering for the annual leave of Procurement Manager under guidance from wider management team.
- Using relevant equipment to make small modifications to products where required including soldering LED strips & cutting aluminium profiles.
Candidates are invited to send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org or to phone Richard Luker in confidence on 07384 240 587.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE