Due to continued rapid growth and strong demand, Xavio Design of Mayfair is looking for a new Senior Lighting Designer to join our fast-growing and dynamic team of professional designers, project managers, consultants and technicians.
Xavio is a world-class lighting consultancy specialising in super-prime private residential, high-end hospitality, and luxury developments. We are privileged to work on some of the finest residences and architecture in the entire world.
The successful candidate can start immediately and will be set up to work remotely. They should also be able to work from our Alton office later in the year once this is re-opened after the COVID pandemic has abated, with social distancing measures in place (as detailed below). There will always be flexible remote working in place as this is a core part of Xavio culture. This is a full-time role.
- Total flexitime / remote working offered, just work whenever and wherever suits you best. We work entirely on the principles of trust and teamwork.
- Attractive salary package offered along with laptop and work mobile.
- A caring and understanding culture where every team member is encouraged to help each other and to reach their full potential.
- Strong support, training and back-up from the management and wider team.
- High level of involvement with all that is happening in the company with our powerful growth plan – you will feel very part of the strategy.
- Candidates must be within easy commuting distance of our country office in Alton, Hampshire, for attending the office 2-3 days a week after the pandemic has abated, and able to frequently travel to central London for client meetings & DTMs. (Alton is on the main line to Waterloo and we have plenty of parking.)
- The successful candidate will be working at high level on high profile, often confidential, projects.
- They will be responsible to the MD.
- They will be leading with integrity a team of designers and will be working with a team of project managers and technical support.
- The successful candidate will be typically working on projects in the UK but may also sometimes be required to travel to international projects for short visits. (Usually max 2 days away.)
- The successful candidate will be working on lighting designs for luxury residential and hospitality projects and will be expected to have at least 5 years of experience in this area.
- A detailed understanding of the principles of luxury lighting design.
- In-depth technical understanding of luminaires currently available from leading manufacturers globally.
- Basic knowledge of architecture and M&E service requirements from a lighting perspective.
- Competency in DIALux, Photoshop, AutoCAD and SketchUp.
- Client liaison skills including the ability to run F2F design presentation.
- Team leadership and management skills.
The role is a great opportunity to work with many of the world’s leading interior designers and architects, and to be part of an awesome team on an exciting journey.
Interested candidates are warmly invited to send their CV and portfolio to email@example.com or phone Richard Luker in confidence on 07384 240 587.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE