Intermediate Lighting DesignerLighting Design
Xavio is a world-class lighting consultancy specialising in super-prime private residential, high-end hospitality, and luxury developments. We are privileged to work on some of the finest residences and architecture in the entire world.
Due to continued growth and projects, we are seeking to add to our design team with an additional intermediate designer.
This role is full time and is offered on a hybrid basis, working from home and a minimum of one day a week in our Head Office in Alton (Hampshire).
Working within a team, responsible for the design of projects within super prime residential properties, hospitality and other commercial settings, you will be responsible for working with the senior designer to complete customer projects.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Creating lighting design presentations using Photoshop / PowerPoint / InDesign
• Preparation of design documentation for all stages of the RIBA process
• Preparation of lighting design specifications
• Preparation of Bills of Quantities & lighting quotations using Excel
• Attending client / design / site meetings with other Xavio personnel to provide input and take away action points
• Working with CAD to create lighting layouts.
• Using Dialux and other 3D modelling software to provide lux calculations.
• Creating mock-ups / experiments
• Assessing product performance
• Researching / sourcing new products
• Creating technical diagrams and details
• Liaison with other service consultants and engineers
• Liaison with specialist contractors and sub-contractors
• Liaison with joinery firms to plan lighting integration strategies
• Updating project programmes and trackers
• Assisting with planning of studio workflow
• Maintaining key information in the CRM system to assure notes are up to date.
• Awareness of fee caveats and drawdown procedure to ensure additional fees are actioned where appropriate.
You should have around 3 years experience within the lighting design industry working on projects similar to ours (hospitality or residential).
You should be familiar with architectural and interior design layouts, to complement the work we do with lighting.
You should possess good CAD skills and be able to use CAD with ease.
You should have an eye for design and also for detail.
You should also be able to demonstrate a highly coordinated and communicative approach to teamwork, both internally and externally to our client teams.
You should be comfortable meeting clients and working on their sites as well as in our offices. There may be the opportunity for some travel if you are working on our international projects too.
What will you receive in return?
Xavio offer hybrid working as standard, with a minimum commitment of one day each week in our Alton offices.
We offer competitive salaries, dependent on experience. We review our salaries regularly to ensure that we remain competitive in the market too.
We offer 25 days holiday plus bank holidays each year.
As family is important to us, we offer enhanced family friendly policies and flexible working hours.
We are committed to developing our people so you will receive regular reviews and a development plan to meet both company and your personal development aspirations.
We have a great team culture where you will genuinely be made welcome as well as having the opportunity to work within our portfolio of ultra-prime residences and luxury hotels.
To apply, please submit your CV, covering letter and portfolio (if available).
No agencies please.