Xavio Design has a reputation for creating lighting designs that are timeless classics, merging elements of brilliant creativity with a sensitive sympathy with the architecture, interior design, and ‘story’ within every project.
Our CPD takes an educational approach, exploring many different lighting concepts and techniques with an in-depth, practical approach which has proven to be extremely popular with architect & design practices. There is a particular focus on Biophilic Design and Biomicry in the context of lighting.
CPD Areas of Focus
- An inside look at a number of world-class lighting projects using inspirational techniques
- Biophilic Design and the use of sympathetic lighting to enhance biological elements and their effect on the human senses
- Biomimicry and the ability to take inspiration from natural sources of light and recreate them artificially where true natural effects cannot be utilised due to environmental, architectural or technical limitations
- The 12 Essentials of Biophilic Design
- How to create a considered lighting design concept scheme
- Case Study: Large British Colonial House in Muthaiga – a detailed examination of lighting techniques, controls and the biophilic merging of the inside and outside with cultural requirements
- Use of modelling software to check light levels
- Use of indirect lighting techniques and how to apply these with critical dimensions for creating architectural linear details
- How to calculate & identify remote driver locations for linear LED ceiling applications to avoid voltage drop & benefit CDM requirements
- How to work out what type of dimming to use with special focus on DALI dimming
- How to correctly illuminate indoor living walls and planting, with focus on lighting effects on the biology of plants
- Questions & Answers forum
Duration of CPD: 60 minutes exactly.
Please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest and we will be happy to discuss delivery options with you.