RH ENGLAND have now opened their first retail showroom/gallery at AYNHO PARK, near Banbury.
The Xavio Special-X team worked closely with RH and Darke & Taylor to provide specialist lighting services and supply for the project.
RH (Restoration Hardware) are a huge US-based retailer focussing on interior and exterior furniture and associated luxury goods.
The lighting design & specification was created by USA-based Sean O'Connor Lighting.
Xavio's specialist role on the project included:
- Technical lighting support (including detailed loading schedules and cable sizing voltage drop calcs.
- Close collaboration & technical support for the site & design team
- Emergency lighting calculations
- Remote lighting driver locations & groupings
- Working with the design team to find alternative specifications of luminaires where lead times were a challenge or for technical reasons.
- Storage of all the luminaires off-site in the Xavio Alton warehouse (including large shipments from the USA), with a drip-feed of JIT deliveries by our dedicated transport.
The project is now successfully finished and looks amazing. It is an incredible use of this 400-year old landmark Grade I listed building (architecture by Sir John Soane) with the 60 rooms now dedicated to RH's first retail gallery in the UK and open to the public. The 73-acre estate has a fascinating history!
We are delighted to be part of the RH global expansion. Read more about it here or book a visit to see for yourself:
Credit to Darke & Taylor Ltd for a superb electrical & lighting installation with their usual impeccable standards.